- 1 The 11 Best Lump Charcoal For Smoking – Editor’s Choice
- 1.1 1# Kamado Joe KJ-Char Big Block XL Lump Charcoal – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.2 2# Royal Oak Chef’s Select Premium Hardwood Lump Charcoal Briquettes – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.3 3# Big Green Egg Natural Brazilian Hardwood Lump Charcoal
- 1.4 4# Jealous Devil All Natural Hardwood Lump Charcoal – #1 Best Seller
- 1.5 5# Rockwood All-Natural Hardwood Lump Charcoal – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.6 6# Fogo Super Premium Hardwood Lump Charcoal – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.7 7# Duraflame Cowboy Brand Natural Hardwood Briquettes – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.8 8# Marabu All Natural Lump Charcoal – Restaurant Grade Premium Hardwood Lump Charcoal
- 1.9 9# Best of the West All Natural Oak Hard Lump Charcoal Barbecue Grill Cooking
- 1.10 10# Josper Premium Hardwood Lump Charcoal for Grilling/BBQ
- 1.11 11# Zorestar Tumbleweeds Fire Starter
- 1.12 Best Hardwood Lump Charcoal
- 1.13 Tips for Choosing the Best Lump Charcoal
- 1.14 Conclusion
When the days become warmer, many people again pulls on nature. In the end, there is nothing better than spending the evening in the company of friends for a barbecue. In particular, grilled cooking on charcoal is not only fun but also gives dishes a special taste that cannot be achieved by frying or cooking in the kitchen. But even the Best Lump Charcoal has pitfalls. Qualitative, correctly selected coal for the grill will not only facilitate the cooking process, and then clean your grill, but also will have a positive effect on the taste of cooked food.
The 11 Best Lump Charcoal For Smoking – Editor’s Choice
I suggest you consider the 11 best works of best lump charcoal. This review will help to deliver suitable coal for your best charcoal grill.
1# Kamado Joe KJ-Char Big Block XL Lump Charcoal – Amazon’s Choice
This 100% natural, completely combustible coal is specially ordered and burns harder and longer than any other coal on the market. Hexagon shaped briquettes with a hole in the centre for easier ignition. This best lump charcoal for kamado is created with the unique Japanese technology Oragito. Perfect charcoal for gourmets. The complete absence of odours will give you the pleasure of the true aroma of the prepared dishes. This is natural charcoal without impurities and additives. The complete absence of foreign odours is guaranteed. Food cooked on such charcoal will fully reveal its natural taste and aroma. Only large and neat pieces.
You will not find small debris and coal dust in the box, because Kamado Joe surpasses all known coals, including those obtained from the densest types of wood. Meticulously fired in traditional outdoor ovens, this natural lump charcoal burns much longer, cleaner and better than any equivalent on the market. The charcoal is packaged in a three-layer premium package that you can safely throw on the white leather interior of a stylish car. At the same time, the pieces of coal are so heavy and huge.
2# Royal Oak Chef’s Select Premium Hardwood Lump Charcoal Briquettes – Amazon’s Choice
Comes in at 40 pounds, this lump charcoal bag is ideal for grilling and smoking. This ensures an even distribution of heat throughout the entire burning time. Charcoal does not crumble or lose its shape during transportation. This does not create coal dust, which is ineffective and sometimes even interferes with the cooking process. It also does not create sparks during combustion, soot. This lump charcoal for smoking can be used in both ceramic and non-ceramic grills.
3# Big Green Egg Natural Brazilian Hardwood Lump Charcoal
Big Green Egg growers pay special attention to environmental issues. Therefore, the Big Green Egg recommends natural charcoal that does not contain harmful impurities. Lumpy organic wood charcoal does not contain any harmful elements: nitrates, chemicals or gasoline-based products. Natural organic coal not only burns well but also does not emit harmful substances into the atmosphere when used. Therefore, if you really care about the safety of the planet, then you will definitely like this natural product. The charcoal is made from 100% natural American oak. It is easy to ignite, and it will take about 10 minutes to warm up and bring to the desired temperature. This charcoal burns very well, providing high heat and high temperature. And after use, very little ash will remain from the coal, so combustion products can be removed without much hassle and with minimal time costs.
4# Jealous Devil All Natural Hardwood Lump Charcoal – #1 Best Seller
This manufacturer always carefully selects sources of natural coal to ensure that it does not contain any fillers, chemicals, anthracite coal, limestone, chemically treated wood or petroleum products. Unlike charcoal or briquettes from many other manufacturers, Jealous Devil charcoal consists exclusively of natural wood without any extraneous additives. This lump charcoal is easy to ignite and is generally ready to use within 10 minutes! In addition, it burns more intensely and provides greater efficiency and heat transfer than even coal briquettes. The product is handcrafted from solid South American hardwood.
5# Rockwood All-Natural Hardwood Lump Charcoal – Amazon’s Choice
Rockwood is an American manufacturer of natural charcoal. This is not just high quality, but one of the best coals in the world. For the production of coal, the company uses high-quality hardwood oak, hickory and maple. This wood has excellent heat dissipation and burning time. The amazing aroma of natural charcoal will give your dishes an exceptional taste. It is noteworthy that all wood for consumables is mined in the Missouri State Wildlife Refuge. Competent wood processing and absolute quality control – these are the secrets for which the company is famous. Rockwood ensures that all timber is carefully heat-treated in unique ovens. The result is coal that does not contain moisture, tar or chemical impurities. It burns long and smoothly.
6# Fogo Super Premium Hardwood Lump Charcoal – Amazon’s Choice
The use of quality charcoal is of great importance for the taste of the food prepared, as well as for achieving and maintaining the required temperature. Hardwood lump charcoal Fogo is composed of a blend of tropical hardwoods. Larger coals take longer to smoulder and produce little ash. But its most important advantage is the taste of the products cooked on it. They do not absorb any harsh chemicals or foreign odours that can be released when cooking with charcoal briquettes or other similar fuels.
7# Duraflame Cowboy Brand Natural Hardwood Briquettes – Amazon’s Choice
This charcoal does not contain moisture, resin or any other impurities, and therefore burns evenly and for a long time. The manufacturer uses only hardwood. Duraflame cares about the environment, therefore it uses only environmentally friendly materials and processing technologies, and you will never find any chemical impurities or fillers in their products. The other half is the correct wood processing and, of course, the highest possible degree of quality control. These lump charcoal for smoking are pillow-shaped which allows them to be heated evenly.
8# Marabu All Natural Lump Charcoal – Restaurant Grade Premium Hardwood Lump Charcoal
Charcoal Marabou is a natural product from Cuba Marabou. It is a wild variety of mimosa that is renowned for its growth rate and excellent adaptability in all conditions. Introduced in the 19th century from South Africa to Cuba, the plant quickly began to take over agricultural land. By burning the marabou, the locals discovered that its branches and trunks were turned into quality charcoal. Marabu charcoal is characterized by excellent ability to ignite, even and long-burning without smoke and chemical odour. It is well suited for cooking fatty and oily foods: charcoal not only ensures even roasting but also gives food a pleasant aroma.
9# Best of the West All Natural Oak Hard Lump Charcoal Barbecue Grill Cooking
Lump charcoal for smoking from hard oak. It is a 100% natural product without the addition of chemicals; CO2 emissions into the atmosphere are reduced. The product ignites easily, does not give off flames and has a high heat transfer. All your meals will have a rich smoky flavour.
10# Josper Premium Hardwood Lump Charcoal for Grilling/BBQ
To get the best performance from your Josper ovens, use only original Josper accessories. Charcoal comes from Argentina. Suitable for all types of grills and barbecues. It has high heat dissipation and a long burning time. The high efficiency of this coal not only shortens the cooking time of food products but also makes it economical to use. Practical packaging. The design of this package allows for more convenient and more hygienic use of coal compared to other package formats.
11# Zorestar Tumbleweeds Fire Starter
The new lump charcoal from Zorestar is fuel-efficient. 100% natural product made from mixed hardwood, no chemicals added, reduced CO2 emissions. Their advantages are that they easily ignite and give smouldering coal after just 10 minutes, burning time up to 3:00. Convenient packaging ensures tightness during storage.
Best Hardwood Lump Charcoal
High-quality Lump Charcoal has large pieces and dense texture. The harder tree, the higher the temperature when burning gives coal. So, for example, oak, nut and fruit trees when combustion can give a temperature of 700°C and support heat to 2 hours. For comparison: birch, which is most often used as a base for charcoal, is able to heat the grill to just 270°C. Therefore, it is better to give preference to more solid wood varieties: Oak, Grab, beech.
Charcoal is made artificially through the carbonization process, which consists of heating wood and plant residues to temperatures from 400 to 700°C in the absence of air. Usually for obtaining charcoal, among other things, residues of oak, olive, pine or eucalyptus firewood are used. This fuel, which is most often used at home for the preparation of barbecue and grill, since it is vegetable biomass with high calorific value, environmentally friendly and environmentally friendly.
To find out whether the charcoal is high-quality and choose Best Lump Charcoal for Smoking, we must take a look at the following characteristics:
- Resistance. This property determines the time of the fire or coal combustion. The best variant is coal from solid wood. This can lead to long-term financial savings and some convenience.
- Wood origin and fragrance. High-quality charcoal is obtained from solid wood, such as oak firewood or Argentinian Quebracho. Also used beech, oak or olive tree wood, but they are less solid and stable than the oak stone. Charcoal of low quality is obtained when combining softwood, such as eucalyptus. When using high-quality charcoal from good wood, food acquires the best aroma and taste.
- Charcoal calorific value. The calorific value of charcoal is higher than that of wood and ranges from 12,000 to 21,000 kJ/kg. The higher the quality of charcoal, the higher its calorific value and the greater we will have a guarantee of a good grill.
- Weight of coal. Good quality coal is dense and therefore weighs more than low-quality coal. Obviously, weight is associated with the properties of the source material. Usually, in supermarkets or refills, you can find charcoal of different quality, in most cases of medium or low quality. As a rule, it is charcoal obtained from softwood, such as eucalyptus and remnants of other wood breeds. This type of charcoal is usually inexpensive and especially suitable for a barbecue with a small number of guests where it does not need much time to burn, and therefore there is no need to replace each small coal and wait until it gets warm again.
- Another important highlight of poor-quality coal is aroma and taste. As I mentioned earlier, high-quality charcoal provides the best aroma and taste of food than charcoal of low quality.
Tips for Choosing the Best Lump Charcoal
Likewise, it is important to follow some tricks or tips to help you choose the best charcoal for your grill and thus get the best result. Grilling will be easier by following these tips:
- Make sure the bag containing the charcoal does not have more than 10% moisture. This will prevent a significant reduction in size before use.
- Make sure the charcoal is high in carbon. If the charcoal is difficult to light, this is a sign that it is of high quality. Incredibly, this demonstrates its quality as it offers a clean combustion process, allowing long-term combustion with long-lasting carbonation without residues, unlike low-quality coal.
- Undoubtedly, good charcoal will enhance the taste of everything that is cooked with it. The woody angle gives a unique and special flavour along with the seasonings you add to food, be it meat, fish or vegetables. Another aspect to consider is the weight of the coal, which will indicate its quality.
- Charcoal with a high density or weight means better product quality and a better grilling process. As you can see, these are small tips that can go a long way when it comes to getting good results when grilling.
If you’re reading this article, it’s likely that you enjoy grilled food and appreciate its smoky flavour. This characteristic grill flavour is achieved by burning the lump charcoal. In this article, I have shared with you tips for choosing the best hardwood lump charcoal and showed you the best options on the market. I would like to draw your attention once again to 1# Kamado Joe KJ-Char Big Block XL Lump Charcoal – Amazon’s Choice, 2# Royal Oak Chef’s Select Premium Hardwood Lump Charcoal Briquettes for Grills and Smokers – Amazon’s Choice and 3# Big Green Egg Natural Brazilian Hardwood Lump Charcoal.
Tags: #best lump charcoal / #best hardwood lump charcoal / #best lump charcoal for smoking / #best lump charcoal for big green egg / #best lump charcoal for kamado / #best charcoal grill