- 1 The 14 Best Cooking Oil For Deep Frying Turkey
- 1.1 1# Butlers Pantry Frying Oil – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.2 2# Riceland Turkey Fry Oil
- 1.3 3# Crisco Frying Oil Blend – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.4 4# Pompeian 100% Grapeseed Oil – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.5 5# Iberia Premium Blend Sunflower Oil & Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.6 6# Snappy Popcorn Snappy Pure Peanut Oil
- 1.7 7# Happy Belly Vegetable Oil – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.8 8# Happy Belly Peanut Oil – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.9 9# Happy Belly Canola Oil – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.10 10# La Tourangelle Roasted Peanut Oil – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.11 11# Healthy Harvest Non-GMO Sunflower Oil
- 1.12 12# Healthy Harvest Non-GMO Gourmet Soybean Cooking Oil – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.13 13# AVO Naturally Processed NON-GMO High Oleic SAFFLOWER OIL
- 1.14 14# Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil – Amazon’s Choice
- 2 What to Look For When Choosing Best Oil for Frying?
Thanksgiving is a time of family and holiday traditions, including favorite recipes. This is also the time when family members want to contribute to the food preparation. The most important dish on the table is turkey. However, cooking it in the oven can take you a lot of time and effort, but there is an alternative. You can deep-fry the turkey. Deep-frying turkey is a very quick cooking method and is growing in popularity. The turkey is very moist and tasty with dark, crispy skin. However, in order for the turkey to turn out exactly like this, you need to purchase the best oil for deep frying turkey.
The 14 Best Cooking Oil For Deep Frying Turkey
Considering how quickly a turkey is roasted in oil, its irresistible taste, and how juicy it is, turkey roasting has become a Thanksgiving tradition for some. If you plan to fry your poultry in oil for the holiday, make sure you use quality oil for turkey. In this review, I will introduce you to the 14 best frying oil.
1# Butlers Pantry Frying Oil – Amazon’s Choice
It is a high-quality oil for turkey. It consists of 90% soybean oil and 10% peanut oil. As a raw material, only well-cleaned, without signs of fungal infection, mature, sized beans are used. One of the important biochemical indicators in the selection of seeds is the change in the acid number of the kernel oil. This oil has a high content of monounsaturates. It comes in 3-gallon size.
2# Riceland Turkey Fry Oil
This oil for deep frying turkey consists of 100% rice bran oil only. It offers a smoke point of 490 degrees. This is the highest smoke point in its class. Rice bran oil is traditionally used for frying in Asian cuisine. It does not emit harmful substances when exposed to high temperatures. This is an excellent alternative for those who lead a healthy lifestyle and monitor their diet.
3# Crisco Frying Oil Blend – Amazon’s Choice
This is a versatile oil for frying that will come in handy for more than just cooking turkey. They are suitable for frying any kind of food such as fish, meat or fries. This product is made up of ingredients such as soybean oil, peanut oil, TBHQ and citric acid, and dimethyl silicone. Soybean oil helps to strengthen the immune system, helps to lower cholesterol levels, improves metabolism, affects the functioning of the brain, and also reduces the risk of heart attacks and other diseases of the cardiovascular system.
4# Pompeian 100% Grapeseed Oil – Amazon’s Choice
This is a natural oil from France made from 100% grape seed. Popular for its delicate flavor and high smoke point, this oil is an ideal choice for deep frying. Grapeseed oil is obtained by pressing, the cold method. This product has quite useful properties. However, not many people know about the possibilities of its application. The grape itself is very useful, but not so much is known about the properties of its seeds. However, it is they who have a large number of different substances that have a beneficial effect on the body. The product has a very long shelf life while retaining its beneficial properties, taste, and aroma throughout the entire time.
5# Iberia Premium Blend Sunflower Oil & Extra Virgin Olive Oil
It is a natural oil for deep frying turkey which consists of 80% sunflower oil and 20% virgin olive oil. This mixture is a natural health product with a mild, delicate taste and smell of olives. The beneficial properties of olive oil are due to the high content of the most common of the monounsaturated fatty acids – oleic. Oleic acid is absorbed by the human body better than others, is present in cell membranes and helps to maintain the elasticity of arteries and skin, removes cholesterol plaques, and has a mild laxative. People who consume olive oil are least at risk of heart disease. Sunflower oil provides the high-temperature properties that make real turkey deep-fried.
6# Snappy Popcorn Snappy Pure Peanut Oil
This product consists entirely of peanut oil. It is highly heat-resistant and is ideal not only for deep-frying turkey but also for popcorn. From the seeds contained in the shell of peanuts, cold-pressed oil is obtained, it has a yellow color and a sweet taste, reminiscent of hazelnuts. The characteristics that make peanut oil an excellent cooking oil are that it is low in fat, high in antioxidants and plant sterols. Of particular interest is the content of phytosterols, sterols of plant origin, which counteract cholesterol and prevent its absorption by the body.
7# Happy Belly Vegetable Oil – Amazon’s Choice
This vegetable oil is made from soybeans and has a light, rich flavor. This is a great option for deep-fried turkey. This oil will not spoil the flavour of your turkey. Soybean oil is resistant to temperature, it is difficult to bring it to a situation where the taste of the dish deteriorates and carcinogens begin to be released. This product contains only 14 grams of fat per serving.
8# Happy Belly Peanut Oil – Amazon’s Choice
I suggest you take a look at this peanut butter that comes in a 128-fluid ounce bottle. After reaching the smoke point, the oils become harmful and hydrogenated, and since the smoke point of peanut butter is 225 degrees Celsius, it is well suited for deep-frying. The high content of unsaturated fat, monounsaturated fatty acids, polyunsaturated fatty acids, and low saturated fat make this oil ideal for frying.
9# Happy Belly Canola Oil – Amazon’s Choice
An excellent turkey oil for any occasion. The advantage of rapeseed oil is that it has a low proportion of unhealthy saturated fats and a very high level of beneficial polyunsaturated fatty acids. Unsaturated fatty acids have a positive effect on reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease, especially due to the effect on cholesterol levels.
10# La Tourangelle Roasted Peanut Oil – Amazon’s Choice
It is a natural peanut oil that has a rich flavor. The smoke point of peanut butter is 225 degrees Celsius. It is ideal for deep-fat frying. Peanut oil is used for recipes that require roasting as it can handle high temperatures better than butter and many other oils. Peanut butter also imparts a nutty flavour to turkey and other foods, which enhances their taste and smell.
11# Healthy Harvest Non-GMO Sunflower Oil
If you want to cook your turkey in classic sunflower oil, then you should definitely get this particular oil. It is natural, GMO, and chemical-free. The smoke point of this oil is 450 degrees.
12# Healthy Harvest Non-GMO Gourmet Soybean Cooking Oil – Amazon’s Choice
This natural soybean oil allows you to deep-fry the tender and juicy turkey. This oil has not undergone any harmful processing. It does not contain harmful chemicals and GMOs. It offers you a rich taste as well as a long shelf life.
13# AVO Naturally Processed NON-GMO High Oleic SAFFLOWER OIL
Safflower oil has several fundamentally important differences from other vegetable oils. The most important of them is the presence of a large amount of linoleic acid, which is unsaturated, it helps in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, obesity, or nervous diseases. This safflower oil is non-GMO and contains no harmful chemicals.
14# Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil – Amazon’s Choice
This olive oil is ideal for cooking turkey. Olive oil is one of the best oils for frying. It retains its structure at high temperatures and does not burn. The smoking temperature of olive oil is 238-242 degrees Celsius. This oil practically does not oxidize due to the low content of unsaturated fatty acids. It is also distinguished by its pleasant natural aroma.
What to Look For When Choosing Best Oil for Frying?
There are several points to consider when choosing the best oil turkey fryer:
- The first is the smoke point, which is the temperature at which the oil begins to break down. You will need a high smoke point oil if you are deep-frying. When you fry food at a higher temperature, it absorbs less oil and becomes healthier.
- Frying requires oil heated to high temperatures over 300 degrees Fahrenheit (149 degrees Celsius). To choose oil for frying, you need to know its smoke point. The smoke point is the temperature at which the oil begins to smoke. Heating the oil beyond the smoke point to the flashpoint will ignite the oil. Each time you reuse the oil, the smoke and flash point drop to 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37.7 degrees Celsius). Selecting oils with the highest initial smoke temperature will prevent the oil from smoking during subsequent use.
- Corn oil, palm oil, and sunflower oil have a fairly high smoke point.
- The next consideration is whether you have the right type of fat. You should avoid saturated fats, while polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats are less dangerous for you. With this in mind, you can use canola oil, sunflower oil, peanut oil, or olive oil. Considering the smoking point and type of fat, the best oils for deep frying are peanut butter, sunflower oil, and avocado oil. They all have a reasonably high smoke point and are low in saturated fat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Deep-fried turkey is a very popular Thanksgiving and Christmas dish in the United States. Every family is looking forward to this holiday and loves to cook a juicy turkey. If you want to save your time, I advise you to deep-fry your turkey. Don’t forget to purchase the best oil for frying, though. In this review, I showed you the best options, but I would like to highlight these three oil turkey fryers: 1# Butlers Pantry Frying Oil – Amazon’s Choice, 2# Riceland Turkey Fry Oil, and 3# Crisco Frying Oil Blend – Amazon’s Choice.
Tags: #best oil for deep frying turkey / #best frying oil / #best oil for frying / #what oil is best for deep frying turkey / #best oil for deep frying a turkey / #what is the best oil for deep frying a turkey