The use of grills at home is becoming more and more popular every day. With this device, we can cook the perfect steak as well as chicken, burgers, sandwiches, and even a delicious snack. Since they produce very little or no smoke, they can be used both at home and outside the balcony in an apartment building.
You can always gather with your relatives and friends for a delicious barbecue, even if it is rain and wind outside the window. For those who want to barbecue at home without generating smoke, electric indoor grills are the best solution. Millions of people around the world regularly use this little appliance in the kitchen. In this guide, I will show you how to choose the product that best suits your needs.
- 1 Our Top List 10 Picks Best Indoor Grills – Editor’s Choice
- 1.1 1# Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.2 2# Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill
- 1.3 3# Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Roast Bake Dehydrate Indoor Electric Grill – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.4 4# Philips Smoke-Less Indoor BBQ Grill – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.5 5# T-Fal GC70 OptiGrill Electric Grill – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.6 6# PowerXL Smokeless Grill
- 1.7 7# GoWISE USA GW88000 Smokeless Indoor Grill – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.8 8# Maxi-Matic Elite Gourmet EMG-980B Large Indoor Electric Round Nonstick Grill – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.9 9# George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
- 1.10 10# Presto 09020 Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill – Amazon’s Choice
- 2 Is it Worth Buying an Indoor Grill?
Our Top List 10 Picks Best Indoor Grills – Editor’s Choice
Choosing the best indoor grill is difficult. I check everything you need to know before purchasing an indoor grill to make sure you buy the best one for you. Below I present to you 10 of the best indoor grills. I’ve tested just over 50 grills and this list includes the best and most reliable to use!
1# Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler – Amazon’s Choice
I love this grill, which has important features. This countertop grill offers five functions in one: a contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle, and half grill/half griddle. Featuring polished stainless steel, its sleek, elegant look is a great addition to any kitchen. The base houses two temperature controls, a function switch, and indicator lights for precise operation.
You can customize your hob with removable nonstick grills and trays that are easy to open and close. It also drains the fat into the tray for healthier cooking. The Griddler also comes with delicious recipes. The hobs, drip tray and scraper can be used in the dishwasher. The hob is made of die-cast aluminum and will last a long time.
It weighs less than 11 pounds and is portable to take with you wherever you go. The grill is able to distribute heat evenly thanks to the built-in heating element. This will ensure that your food is fried consistently without stains. The design of this grill helps to distribute heat evenly for the best results.
2# Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill
Known as the Steak Lover Indoor Grill, it offers quality results from the finest restaurants. Your own homemade meat restaurant! Some people love meat but are afraid to cook it at home for fear of spoiling it. This grill will cook your meat in the best possible way. Lock out flavor and juices for great grilling results and get the best flavor out of your meat in less than 10 minutes.
It also includes lighted electronic controls. This grill can do what others can’t, keeping the meat tender and juicy. It doesn’t matter if you like a medium-cooked or well-cooked steak, it will cook your meat at the ideal temperature.
Use the arrow buttons to select the desired cooking temperature; it will flash on the screen. When it stops flashing, press the SEAR button and it will sound when the temperature is reached. Close the lid to leave grilling marks on your steak or vegetables. The grill has a special tray that collects juices, which is easy to clean later.
3# Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Roast Bake Dehydrate Indoor Electric Grill – Amazon’s Choice
This is a modern compact grill that will please any user with its functions. First, I want to say that it is the perfect choice for internal use. The grill doesn’t take up much space, it can easily be hidden in the kitchen cupboard and it still cooks your food like a real outdoor grill.
This device not only works as a grill, but also has functions such as sear, sizzle, and air fry crisps. This grill does a great job of quickly defrosting your food for dinner. It takes no more than 25 minutes to get a delicious char-grilled dish. The grid is non-stick coated and doesn’t contain PTFE / PFOA. The pan also has a non-stick coating. Your dish will grill on each side thanks to Cyclonic Grilling Technology. Excellent design and high quality are guaranteed!
4# Philips Smoke-Less Indoor BBQ Grill – Amazon’s Choice
This grill has a classic black design and will fit easily on your worktop. It is also convenient to use outside during warmer months, even if you have very little space. The grill produces healthier food by separating the fat during cooking. Drops of the fat drain into a special tray.
Due to the fact that the pallet doesn’t heat up, you will not have smoke in the room. This grill has no temperature control. The grill heats up to a temperature of 446 degrees. This is the perfect temperature for superb roasting of any meat, fish, or poultry. The meat is juicy and very tender. I was amazed at how quickly this grill can be cleaned. Simply wipe the grid. It is dishwasher safe as well.
5# T-Fal GC70 OptiGrill Electric Grill – Amazon’s Choice
This is a unique grill that adapts its cooking cycles to the thickness of the food. It has a fairly large hob of 600 square centimeter sizes. This appliance is equipped with 6 automatic programs and two cooking modes. Choose the program for burger, fish, poultry, sandwich, sausages, and meat. You have frozen food mode and a manual mode available. All juices and grease will drain into the large tray to keep your kitchen tidy and food healthy. Non-stick plates can be removed for easy cleaning. Plates and the drip tray are dishwasher safe.
6# PowerXL Smokeless Grill
This is the perfect grill when you don’t want to go outside for cooking. You just have to come to your kitchen and start preparing healthy tasty food on the grill. There is no difficulty in using or cleaning.
This is great for any meat, fish, vegetable, and even fruit. The grill heats up quickly and also cools down quickly so you can wash it right away. It has an LED temperature control. You can adjust the temperature up to 450° F. The tray is located at the bottom and collects drops of fat and juice.
7# GoWISE USA GW88000 Smokeless Indoor Grill – Amazon’s Choice
Now you can enjoy grilled food all year round regardless of the weather. This grill has a 17 ”hob. This is more than enough to prepare a meal for the whole family or a large company. The grill has a low height for easy storage. The grill comes with a non-stick coating to prevent your food from sticking. You can remove the grill and griddle plates and drip tray for dishwasher safe. It is safe to use at home thanks to the built-in fan to eliminate smoke.
8# Maxi-Matic Elite Gourmet EMG-980B Large Indoor Electric Round Nonstick Grill – Amazon’s Choice
There is no difficulty in getting started using this grill. Now you have the opportunity to enjoy delicious grilled dishes from the comfort of your apartment. This grill is convenient because it is no larger than any of your pans. This grill has a surface of 14 inches, which allows you to prepare dinner for the whole family. Food doesn’t stick thanks to the non-stick surface. The grill is equipped with 5 settings up to 450 ° F. All parts of the grill are removable for easy cleaning in the dishwasher.
9# George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
This is a versatile grill that you can use any time of the year, anywhere. Its size and comfortable legs allow you to use it both on your balcony and outside during fun parties. Its surface allows you to cook simultaneously for 4-6 servings. Low, medium, and high heating temperatures are available for you. The early days are perfect for making sausages, sandwiches, and more. High settings are what you need to cook juicy steaks. Thanks to the non-stick coating, your food will not stick.
10# Presto 09020 Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill – Amazon’s Choice
This grill has a cooking area large enough to prepare a full meal. However, it won’t take up much space in your kitchen or balcony. The grill is equipped with a convenient temperature regulator. It is capable of heating up to 400 degrees. This is the ideal temperature for cooking juicy meat. The cooking temperature is automatically maintained thanks to Control Master heat. You can be sure that all grease will automatically drain into the special drip tray.
Is it Worth Buying an Indoor Grill?
It takes a long time to choose and decide which indoor grill is best for your needs. We are all focused on their looks, design, and available features, but do we really know if we need an indoor grill? This section explains why you should buy one and together we will also see the benefits of using an indoor grill.
There are many benefits to having an electric indoor grill for home use. With the electric grill, we can grill burgers, chicken, and fish right in the kitchen. The flavor of these dishes is delicious and not much different from what you get with a classic outdoor grill.
Buying an indoor grill gives you the opportunity to grill all year round. It can be used not only indoors, but also outdoors on warm days. But that’s not the only reason why many people prefer the electric grill.
Often times, these grills take less time and less effort than large gas or charcoal grills. In addition, when using an electric grill, the odor and smoke emission are significantly lower than, for example, when using a charcoal grill.
Meat, fish, vegetables, as well as vegetarian or vegan food, can be cooked on the indoor grill according to the user’s preferences.
Compared to gas grills and charcoal grills, indoor grills generally have a smaller cooking surface. However, you just need to find a suitable place to set up your grill, plug it into an outlet and you are ready to start grilling.
How does an indoor grill work?
These devices are powered by electricity. Most electric grills need to be heated a short time before food can be placed on them. Some of the indoor grills have a temperature controller that can be used to continuously adjust the temperature. This is very important for proper grilling because meat, fish, or vegetables need to be cooked at the right temperature.
Internal grills have heating elements that heat up for a very short time to transfer heat to the grill or grill plate.
The sauce or dripping fat is collected with appropriately integrated collection containers. These containers are filled with water before frying to avoid burning fat. Thus, the indoor electric grill is healthy. These containers are also responsible for the absence of smoke or odor during cooking. This makes indoor grills ideal for use at home or on the balcony.
Features to Consider When Choosing an Indoor Grill
- The size. As with any other grill, you will have to decide how much food you would like to cook in one moment before settling on any size. Plus, you need to consider the space you have: do you want to install it on your desk, in your mini patio, or on your balcony? Also, whether you are going to keep your grill in one place or not. If you are going to put it away, you should consider the space in which you will store it when choosing the size.
- Temperature. It is best to know in advance what food you want to grill. If you are looking for an indoor grill to grill your sandwiches, then choosing a grill that doesn’t produce high temperatures is sufficient. If you want to grill meat, you will need to buy a grill that heats up to 300 degrees. You can also grill meat with an indoor grill, which has a lower temperature range but is not powerful enough to be used intensively. Outside the temperature range, you will need an electric grill with a pressure gauge on the lid to know when the grill is ready to cook. Some grills have a lamp that comes on when the heat is ready to start cooking. An adjustable thermostat is also a mandatory feature. You will need to set the exact temperatures for cooking. The ability to change the grill to the desired temperature to make a sandwich or steak is essential for great results.
- Removable grates. The electric grill is easier to clean this way because it must be done after each use. But it can be frustrating when you try not to wet the grill heating elements by being unable to remove the grates. With the removable grates, you can simply wash them in the sink or dishwasher for quicker and more convenient cleaning.
- Length of cable. This can make a big difference. The electric grill must always be connected to electricity for it to function. In general, a longer cable is always better than a shorter cable.
- Power. To grill properly, the power of the grill and the resistance of the plates to be heated is very important. The grill should be as hot as possible to keep the meat juicy inside. I recommend grills with a minimum wattage of 2000W which gets very hot and the meat is really good at grilling. The temperature should never drop quickly. With inexpensive grills, the temperature drops very quickly, which doesn’t cook the meat properly.
We have come to the end of this article in which we discovered the benefits that the indoor grill offers us.
Now you just need to choose the perfect model to make a delicious barbecue at home even on the worst days. The indoor grills featured in this roundup are the best on the market. You can trust them in cooking delicious grilled food.